Madrid, Spain’s central capital, is a city of elegant boulevards known as a cosmopolitan city that combines the most modern infrastructures and expansive, manicured parks such as the Buen Retiro. It’s renowned for its rich repositories of European art, including the Prado Museum’s works by Goya, Velázquez and other well known Spanish artists. The heart of old Hapsburg Madrid is the portico-lined Plaza Mayor, and nearby is the baroque Royal Palace and Armory, displaying historic weaponry. Offering a large cultural and artistic heritage, a legacy of centuries of exciting history can be discovered.
- Day 1 - MADRID Arrive in Madrid, enjoy a welcome drink and orientation at your hotel this evening.
- Day 2 - MADRID Breakfast at the hotel. Morning city tour of Madrid; find the medieval origins of the city, like the Arabic fortress, at the Barrio de la Morería, characterized by the antiquity of its buildings drive through the courtesan district of the Hapsburgs characterised by Phillip II and his Renaissance and Baroque style buildings, Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and Plaza de la Villa; the Madrid of the Bourbons and the complex town planning schemes of Charles III, the Royal Palace (visit inside), Cibeles and Neptuno Fountains and the Puerta de Alcalá. Admire the XIX C. works such as Prado Museum. The contemporary Madrid with areas such as Gran Vía, Castellana, the district of Salamanca, Plaza Castilla and Parque del Oeste, as well as commercial and financial zones of Modern Madrid, the emblematic Las Ventas Bullring and the Santiago Bernabéu Football Stadium. Rest of the day free to continue exploring the wonders that the city has to offer.
- Day 3 - MADRID – CORDOBA – SEVILLA Breakfast at the hotel. Pick up from your hotel and transfer to JULIÁ TRAVEL bus terminal (Plaza de España 7). Departure at 08:30 a.m. to drive southward along the land of Don Quixote, “The man from La Mancha”, along the way observes vast vineyards. Cross through the natural border of “Despeñaperros” and get into Andalucía, a region for itself that shows an enormous heritage from a splendorous past. Reach Cordoba. Impressive tour of its Mosque and other sites that will ease our mind and spirit strolling through its narrow winding streets of the Jewish Quarter. In the afternoon, after a short two hours ride, reach Sevilla. Dinner and accommodations at your hotel.
- Day 4 - SEVILLA Breakfast at the hotel. Morning Monumental and Panoramic city tour – the Cathedral (visit inside), the second largest in the Catholic world after St. Peters in Rome. The Santa Cruz Quarter, a natural scenario of “Carmen” as well as a precisely where the myth of “Don Juan” developed. The Maria Luisa Park and Spain square. - Afternoon at leisure for you to discover exclusive views, specific flavors of this active full of light city. Dinner and accommodations at your hotel. Optional Flamenco tour.
- Day 5 - SEVILLA – GRANADA After breakfast at your hotel, drive east through the Caliphate road to the heart of Andalucia observing an endless number of olive trees on the way to Granada and its incredible and amazing monumental environment, last stronghold of the Moorish Kingdoms up to 1492. Visit the world famous Alhambra (Red Palace) and Generalife Gardens, fountains, gardens, patios that have inspired several authors with its sound and sights, such as the “Tales of the Alhambra” by W. Irving. Dinner and accommodations at your hotel. Optional Gipsy Flamenco show at Sacromonte quarter.
- Day 6 - GRANADA – TOLEDO – MADRID Breakfast at the hotel. Drive northward where it emerges, towards the sky of Castilla and surrounded by the Tagus river, the impressive Imperial city of Toledo –World Heritage City- where the three cultures Christians, Moorish and Jewish, have lived together. Resume of the Spanish art, history and spirituality the whole town is a National Monument. The City tour will includes the most important monuments, its narrow streets and the famous “Damasquinado” (gold and silver inlaying in iron). Continue to Madrid. Accommodation at the hotel.
- Day 7 - MADRID Breakfast at the hotel and journey home or beyond.